Update the WordPress plugins through FTP
Steps to update the WordPress plugins through FTP
- Download the last version of the WordPress plugin you want to update.
- Decompress the file downloaded file on your PC.
It is advisable to deactivate the plugin you want to update before going on with the process, in order to avoid possible issues when updating. You can find more information about how to deactive a WordPress plugin on this post:
- Connect through FTP to your VPS Cloud and access the file where WordPress is installed.
- Access the file /wp-content/plugins.
- Replace the plugin file that you want to update by the WordPress plugin version you have downloaded.